Mountain Region Bass Fest Fishing Tournament
$2,500 Grand Prize
Guaranteed First Place
April 27, 2024
Tournament Hours: 6:30am-2:30pm
Sullivan County Observation Knob Park, 553 Knob Park Rd, Bristol, TN 37620
South Holston Lake
- Tournament hours 6:30 am – 2:30 pm; if fog delayed, tournament time will be altered
- Tournament hours are based on boat flight
- Only safe boats will be allowed
- All boats must have working live well
- There will be live well checks
- Two people per boat
- Life jackets must be worn when the big engine is running
- Blast-off is done in assigned order of when registration is received and is started by the event directors.
- No fishing or landing fish except from boat
- Artificial bait only, no trolling or long lining
- 5 fish limit per boat; scoring is by fish weight
- All culling of fish must be done on the water during tournament hours. Any boat/team found to have more than 5 fish upon returning to the launch area or once boat is loaded in the parking lot will be disqualified.
- All fish measured on a “Golden Rule”
- Any fish that appears to have been altered in any way will be weighted only at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- All fish will be released at the time of weigh in
- In case of 1st place tie, biggest fish, then length will determine the winner
- No alcohol or use of any recreational drugs are permitted
- Please be considerate of others during tournament
- Neither Sertoma Club of Kingsport nor Mountain Region Speech & Hearing is responsible for any injuries that occur during any part of the tournament By entering this tournament, you agree to the use of your likeness for advertisement purposes.
- Each team may weigh in five (5) fish.
- Any team bringing more than five (5) fish to the scales will be disqualified
- Each fish will be measured on a “Golden Rule” with mouth closed and tail compressed
- Scoring is based on a teams/individuals total weight of up to 5 legal fish. The total limit may be in any combination of Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass and Spotted Bass.
- Minimum lengths are: Small Mouth – 15 inches, Large Mouth – 12 inches, and Spotted Bass – 12 inches. Only largemouth, spotted, or smallmouth bass will be scored.
- Any team weighing in a fish shorter than the legal tournament length will be assessed a one (1) lb. penalty plus the loss of the short fish
- A dead fish penalty of .5 lbs per fish will be deducted from the total weight
- Tournament standings will be determined by the total weight for the competition day of the tournament Each team is required to leave from and return to Dandridge Boat dock.
- Any team returning to the Dandridge boat dock late will be penalized at the rate of one-half pound per minute up to 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes – no weight will be allowed
Teams will blast-off in the order payment is received.
- Entry Fee: $100.00 per boat (Must be received by mail, paid by credit card by phone or paid online at MRSHC.ORG by April 25th, 2024)
- Late Entry Fee: $120 per boat. Late registration may be done in person on day of tournament from 5:30-6:30am. Cash, check and credit card accepted.
- Registration fees are eligible for charitable donation tax purposes.
1st – $2,500, 2nd – $600, 3rd – $500, 4th – $300, 5th – $250, 6th – $250, 7th – $225, 8th – $200, 9th – $200, 10th – $120, 11th – $120, 12th – $120, 13th -20th – $100 *Based on 100 boat field
BIG FISH – $250 Guaranteed
THIS IS A CHARITY EVENT ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT MOUNTAIN REGION SPEECH & HEARING AND OTHER COMMUNITY CHARITABLE ACTIVITIES
"*" indicates required fields